[Photo credit: jacme31]
Jar of Salad (Serves 1)
6 lettuce leaves, chopped
1 carrot, grated
1/2 Lebanese cucumber, sliced
1 tomato, diced
1/2 avocado, mashed
100g roast chicken
- Chop up all the ingredients as described above.
- Place ingredients into a 500ml jar, one layer at a time. Mix the layers so you get an even spread of ingredients.
Mushroom and Spinach Omelette (Serves 1)
2 mushrooms (button)
1 handful spinach leaves
1 clove garlic
Parsley for serving
- Crack eggs into a microwave safe container and beat until yolks are broken.
- Mash a clove of garlic and add to the eggs, mixing in.
- Cut mushrooms into quarters and add to eggs.
- Add spinach leaves and mix in.
- Put into microwave for 4 minutes on 50%
- Mix the ingredients and place back into the microwave for another 2 minutes on 50%If necessary, mix ingredients again and place back into the microwave for a further 1 minute on 50%
- Garnish with parsley and serve.
Salmon with Traffic Light Vegetables (Serves 1)
1 salmon fillet (approx. 200g)
2 florets broccoli
- Place some coconut oil in a medium saucepan and heat to medium-high.
- Place the salmon fillet in the saucepan for 3 minutes on each side. Each side should be a nice golden brown colour.
- Chop up onion and cut all other vegetables into bite sized pieces.
- Remove salmon from saucepan, add another teaspoon of coconut oil and add vegetables. Cook for 4 minutes, stirring regularly.
Canned Tuna Salad (Serves 1)
1 can wild tuna
2 big lettuce leaves to be served on
1/4 onion, chopped
1/2 Lebanese cucumber, diced
1 tomato, diced
1/2 avocado, diced
5 tsp extra virgin olive oil
2 tbsp freshly squeezed lemon juice
Mint for serving
- Place lettuce leaves in a bowl.
- Drain the liquid from the tuna and spread over the lettuce leaves.
- Add the onion, cucumber, tomato and avocado, mixing them together.
- Add the lemon juice and extra virgin olive oil evenly over the top.
- Garnish with mint and serve.
Pork Chops with Apples and Onion (Serves 1)
2 bone-in pork chops, with all the trimmings
2 tbsp coconut oil
1/2 onion, sliced
2 apples, sliced and corded
- Heat a large pan over medium-high heat. Season the pork chops with rosemary to taste.
- Add coconut oil to pan, followed by pork chops. Cook for 5 minutes on each side or until cooked to your liking.
- Reduce heat to medium-low and move chops to one side of the pan. Add the onion and apples to the other part of the pan.
- Cook for 4 minutes, or until apples are slightly soft, stirring regularly.
- Serve the chops topped with onion and apples and garnished with coriander.
For more awesome recipes that have been designed to help you lose weight, achieve more, and feel better, check out my new Eating Plan.
What's your favourite recipe you can make in under 10 minutes?
Thanks for checking this out!
What did you think? I'd love to hear from you. Share this on your favourite social network and ask a question or leave your thoughts in the comments below.