Loris Bertolacci was a strength and conditioning pioneer in the AFL. One of the first full-time fitness staff with an AFL club, Loris nearly lost his job due to a lack of formal education. Despite travelling around the world to learn his craft in a time well before the Internet, Loris had to reinvent himself multiple times and is now one of the most recognisable andwell-respected strength coaches in Australian sport.
In this episode you'll learn:
- How to get into the high performance sport industry
- How Loris fell into his role at Essendon football club
- What it was like training Michael Long
- What it was like to work with Kevin Sheedy
- The zany stuff that went on in the early days of high performance sports science
- The sports science era of the 90's
- How he learned from the world's best before the age of the Internet
- How to do something valuable with all the data that is collected in today's day-and-age
- The simplest way to get fit for sport
- Some of the causes of hamstring injuries and how to prevent them
- Some of the causes of knee injuries and how to prevent them
- Cooch grass! What?!?
I'm taking suggestions for future episodes. What would you like to learn about and who would you like to hear from?
Thanks for checking this out!
What did you think? I'd love to hear from you. Share this on your favourite social network and ask a question or leave your thoughts in the comments below.