Following the 6 Movement Methodologies podcast I recorded for Lise Kuecker's podcast, Ready.Aim.Empire! I recently had the good-fortune to record another. This one is on my other favourite topic -- creating fitness routines.
If you've ever wondered why people find it difficult to stay on track with their health and fitness goals, wonder no more! I'm about to reveal the secrets behind the psychology of behaviour modification.
Sharpen your pencils and grab those notebooks as we deep dive into the difference between a routine and a habit, the main elements involved in habit creation, and how to build a fitness routine (comprising of 4 ‘E’s: environment, ease, efficiency and effectiveness) that will prevent you from dropping out due to low motivation levels.
If you want to make exercise a habit, this episode is going to be gold.
In this episode you’ll learn:
- How I initially became interested in the science of behaviour
- NLP training and how I use it in my business to be able to speak and communicate
- That motivation is made of pain and pleasure
- How to start identifying the difference between a routine and a habit
- What is really happening on a cellular level
- That a routine is made up of four systems, and what I introduce first in that system to my members.
Listen on iTunes
Listen on Spotify
Thanks for checking this out!
What did you think? I'd love to hear from you. Share this on your favourite social network and ask a question or leave your thoughts in the comments below.