I'm always asked what recipes I recommend to eat healthy, lose weight, and improve sporting performance. I love to eat and I have a lot of favourite recipes, so the next question is always; "Haha, ok then Jacob, so which ones are your favourite?" Here are my top 3.
Caesar Salad with Grilled Chicken (Serves 4)
- Freshly ground pepper, to taste
- 8 cups washed, dried and torn romaine lettuce
- 1/2 cup Caesar Salad dressing, (recipe below)
- 1/2 cup shaved Parmesan
- Lemon wedges
- Grilled Chicken (200g)
Dressing (makes about 1 cup)
- 1 small clove garlic
- 4 tbsp freshly squeezed lemon juice
- 2 tbsp mayonnaise
- 2 tsp Dijon mustard
- 8 fresh anchovies
- 1/2 tsp freshly ground pepper
- 8 tsp extra-virgin olive oil
- 4 tbsp grated Asiago cheese
- Place garlic in a medium bowl and mash with the back of a spoon to form a paste.
- Add lemon juice, mayonnaise, mustard, anchovies and pepper; whisk to combine.
- Slowly drizzle in oil, whisking constantly.
- Add grated cheese and whisk to combine.
- Place lettuce in a large bowl. Add pepper to taste. Toss with Caesar Salad dressing and divide among 4 bowls.
- Serve with dressing and grilled chicken, with lemon wedges.
Grilled Salmon with Steamed Beans, Carrots, Asparagus and Broccoli (Serves 4)
- 250g green beans, trimmed
- 2 bunch asparagus, ends removed
- 1 head of broccoli, divided into florets
- 1/4 cup red wine vinegar
- 2 tbsp Dijon mustard
- 1 tbsp extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 tbsp minced shallots
- 1/4 tsp kosher salt, divided
- 1/4 tsp black pepper, divided
- 4 salmon fillets
- Preheat grill to medium-high.
- Place beans, asparagus and broccoli in large pan of boiling water. Cook for 2 minutes. Drain and plunge vegetables into ice water and drain again.
- Combine vinegar, mustard, oil, shallots, 1/8 tsp salt, and 1/8 tsp pepper in a small, stirring well with a whisk; set aside.
- Using a mister, spray both sides of each fillet with olive oil; sprinkle with 1/8 tsp salt and 1/8 tsp pepper. Place salmon, skin side up, on grill rack; cook for 8 minutes or until salmon flakes easily when tested with a fork, turning after 4 minutes.
- Arrange the vegetables on a plate, with 1 salmon and drizzle with the vinegarette.
Curry Chicken with Quinoa (Serves 4)
- 1 tsp oil
- Half a yellow onion, sliced thinly
- 500g boneless skin-less chicken breasts, cut into bite-sized pieces
- 1/3 cup yellow curry paste
- 10 baby potatoes, cut into bite-sized pieces
- 500ml coconut cream
- 1 cup water
- 2 cups quinoa
- Coriander to serve
- To prepare quinoa, boil 3 cups of water in a small saucepan and once boiling, add the quinoa and stir into the water. Boil quinoa for 4 minutes and then put heat to low, cover quinoa and leave for 3 minutes or until water has evaporated. Once evaporated, turn off the heat and leave the quinoa covered until ready to serve.
- Heat the oil in a large pot over medium-low heat. Add the onions and sauté for a few minutes until the onions are fragrant and softened. Add the chicken and curry paste; sauté for 3-5 minutes. Add the potatoes and stir to coat with the curry paste.
- Add the coconut cream and 1/2 cup water to the pot - simmer for 20-30 minutes, or until the chicken and potatoes are fully cooked, adding more water depending on the consistency you want for the sauce.
- Serve over quinoa with coriander.
For all my other favourite healthy recipes, and a suggested guide to help you plan and prepare your meals to lose weight, think more clearly, and feel lighter, check out my new Eating Plan.
What's your favourite recipe? Share it here.
Thanks for checking this out!
What did you think? I'd love to hear from you. Share this on your favourite social network and ask a question or leave your thoughts in the comments below.