As one of Darwin's most experienced Sports Physiotherapists, Josh Tidswell is highly respected in the Darwin community having built strong relationships with a range of healthcare professionals, sporting organisations, coaches and local businesses. Graduating in 2006 and completing a Masters of Physiotherapy in 2012, Josh has spent time as a physio for the North Melbourne Football Club in the Australian Football League (AFL) and was the head physio for Northern Territory Football Club (Thunder) in the North East Australian Football League (NEAFL). Josh has a special interest in diagnosis and treatment of shoulders, knees and backs.
In this episode you'll learn:
- About Josh's experience as a physio at North Melbourne Football Club
- Josh's take on hip, groin and pelvis injuries
- The difference between training requirements of NRL and AFL athletes
- His thoughts on back squats and deadlifts
- Starting a business
- Soft tissue injuries with particular reference to Essendon Football Club
- The shoulder injuries Josh experienced at North Melbourne Football Club
- The many factors contributing to hamstring injuries
- The psychology of injury
- The common everyday injuries that Josh see's in his practice
- Best practice for post-treatment exercises.
Keep the Conversation Going with Josh
Email: [email protected]
I'm taking suggestions for future episodes. What would you like to learn about and who would you like to hear from?
Thanks for checking this out!
What did you think? I'd love to hear from you. Share this on your favourite social network and ask a question or leave your thoughts in the comments below.