In the second of this 4 part series on Men's Health for Movember 2017, I chatted with mental health advocate, Jackson Clark. I taught Jackson in grade 8 and 9 and have watched his career in sports journalism flourish from his first writings back in those days as a fourteen year old. When Jackson used the laws of attraction to manifest his own show on Mix 104.9, he asked me to come on board as a regular guest broadcaster, talking about fitness, nutrition and psychology. Off the back of his massive social media following, that show, Balls 'n' All, has become one of the most well-known and comprehensive sporting talk shows on Darwin radio.
In this episode you'll learn:
- What Jackson did to get his career started as a 14 year old kid
- How he got himself his own radio show
- Jackson's understanding of what the laws of attraction are and how he's used them to achieve his goals
- The books that Jackson suggests you should read
- How being overconfident in sport is a good thing
- How meditation can help you in all facets of life and why it should be scheduled into your day
- What it's like being a Livin' ambassador
- How mental health issues show up in primary school aged children
- Ideas for how to deal with mental health concerns
- What it was like playing 8 games of football in 8 different States/Territories almost back-to-back each week
- Plus, how to improve your mental health even when it's already positive.
Keep the Conversation Going with Jackson
Email: [email protected]
If you would like to talk to someone, email me with your contact details and I'll call you right back. Alternatively, you can contact:
Beyondblue: 1300 22 4636 https://www.beyondblue.org.au
Lifeline: 12 11 14 https://www.lifeline.org.au
Head to Health: https://headtohealth.gov.au
Thanks for checking this out!
What did you think? I'd love to hear from you. Share this on your favourite social network and ask a question or leave your thoughts in the comments below.